Adult Leadership Forsyth
The Leadership Forsyth Adult Program provides classroom/experiential leadership training to a network of emerging leaders through a community-based experience that increases all participant’s knowledge of local institutions and involvement with community leaders, volunteers and resources. The connections made within the Leadership Forsyth network have the ability to create, foster, and enhance the personal and professional endeavors of its members and ultimately create positive change in the community.
Adult Leadership Forsyth Program Dates
|Student and Parent Orientation||August 6th, 2019||5:30 – 7:30 p.m.|
|Retreat||August 15th - 16th, 2019||All Day|
|ALF Program Day||September 10th, 2019|
|ALF Program Day||October 8th, 2019|
|ALF Program Day||November 5th, 2019|
|ALF Program Day||December 3rd, 2019|
|ALF Program Day||January 7th, 2020|
|ALF Program Day||February 4th, 2020|
|ALF Program Day||March 3rd, 2020|
|ALF Program Day||April 14th, 2020|
|ALF Program Day||May 5th, 2020|
|GRADUATION||May 7th, 2020|
** All Class dates subject to change ***
** More details on class locations and events will be provided **
Through an innovative program of hands on learning, members of the Leadership Forsyth class are provided with the following opportunities:
- To learn about the history of the county
- To tour and engage the public/private sector, educational infrastructure, and nonprofit communities
- To acquire insight into challenging community issues
- To gain exposure to theories of leadership, group dynamics, decision making, and other skills required for leadership effectiveness
The program begins with an overnight retreat. The retreat is followed by 9 monthly sessions where the LF class embarks on a series of engaging leadership workshops that focus on leadership theory and practice.
During the sessions, participants will have the opportunity to participate in behind the scenes tours of local businesses, government offices, local schools, non-profit organizations and various local landmarks in order to broaden their knowledge and awareness of our community. They will also hear from various community and business leaders to reinforce the theme of the day.
The highlight of the LF class experience is the dynamic experience of engaging the diverse leadership backgrounds of the class members combined with the “in the moment” leadership training/experiences to deliver on a class project that is targeted to meet an identified community need and leave a legacy for the class.
Past Class Projects
- Establishing “The Fun Run”
- Chartering of the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization which is now Mentor Me of North Georgia
- Facilitating the start-up of Hands On Forsyth, and the Forsyth Cares Concert with net proceeds donated to United way agencies and other non-profits
- In conjunction with the Forsyth County YMCA the construction of The LF Pavilion
- Creating a universally accessible Tree House on Sawnee Mountain
- The beautification of the outdoor Garden & Activities area of the Forsyth County Senior Center
- The Kick It Up events for at risk students
- Keeping Kids Safe educational DVD program for the schools and libraries
- Renovation of the SAFFT visitation center
- The Born Learning Trails for community parks
- Development of a learning trail at Caney Creek Park
- Memorial Walk for at the National Guard Armory
- Multi-use sports court at Bald Ridge Lodge
- Renovations and sports court at Jesses House
- Community Room for Creative Enterprises
- Mobile Food Pantry for The Place
Each year, after a rigorous application submission and interviewing process, the Leadership Forsyth Class Selection Committee selectively assembles a class of 35-40 emerging/seasoned leaders who are experts in their areas of endeavor. The application process for the Leadership Forsyth adult class is competitive and selective. The process involves a comprehensive application review and interview process conducted by members of the Leadership Forsyth Board and Alumni.
All applicants must complete the review and selection process. There are no automatic admissions. Interesting in learning more? Contact our Executive Director today!